Uploading shipments into MyDHL+ is quick and easy once you have imported and mapped a file for the first time.
This guide will show you how to map your shipment data to the appropriate MyDHL+ fields and save the mapping for future use. You will then see how easy subsequent uploads can be.
The easiest way to mass upload shipments into MyDHL+ is to use the MyDHL+ Upload option. For this, you will need to download the template below. There is also additional information that will help you choose a DHL product code and country codes.
This template contains the most commonly uploaded fields and indicates in the column headers which fields are required. You can leave the other fields empty if you don’t have the relevant information or they don’t apply.
Columnsmustnotbedeletedandthefieldsmustbekeptinexactlythesameordertoavoid upload errors.
The template contains sample data and we recommend that you upload the sample file before replacing it with your own data. This will allow you to check how the data appears in MyDHL+ and familiarise yourself with the available fields.
When you save the template, keep it in .csv format. If you change the format, the upload will fail.
UPLOAD AND MAP A SHIPMENT FILE
1) To use the template provided, log into MyDHL+, go to Ship and select Upload a Shipment File.
2) On the Upload a Shipment File page, select Upload My File and Map to DHL Fields.
3) Now set the parameters for uploading your shipment file.
SHIPPER ADDRESS AND ACCOUNT NUMBER
If you wish to replace the shipper address in the file, you can select a different one from your MyDHL+ Address Book. This will apply to all shipments.
You can also choose a different account number from your accounts stored in MyDHL+. Again this will apply to all shipments.
If you don’t wish to change the shipper address or account number, leave the boxes ticked.
Specify the Field Delimiters and Text Delimiters used in your file, using the Help <insert info icon> provided if necessary.
As the sample file contains headers, tick File contains column headers.
Leave the character set as UTF-8.
4) Click Select File and locate the file. Select the file and click Choose/Open.
5) You will now see the uploaded file. Click Upload.
6) To ensure that your file uploads are always successful, select Not Sure.
Note: The template you are using is a universal template that can be used for both Document and Package shipments.
7) The column headers from the CSV file are displayed on the left hand side below.
8) You now need to map your fields on the left to the MyDHL+ fields on the right.
You can quickly search the list of available fields by starting to type the first word:
All fields in the file must be mapped. NOTE: the wordings will be exactly the same between each column.
IMPORTANT: Providing you save the mapping (or ‘scheme’) before you process the shipments, this exercise will only be required the first timeyou upload a shipmentfile. See next step.
9) Give your scheme a name to save it for future use. Then select Process Shipments.
10) An error report will be provided for any unsuccessful uploads, enabling you to correct those shipments and upload them again.
11) Your shipments can be accessed in Manage My Shipments where you can edit them if needed. Otherwise, select all the shipments to be printed and then select Print from the Actions option.
UPLOAD A SHIPMENT FILE WITH EXISTING MAPPING
Once you have followed the steps above and saved the scheme, you can quickly and easily upload future files.
1) On the Upload a Shipment File page, click Select an Available Mapping Option.
2) Select your scheme name from Upload Options and set the parameters for your upload file.
3) Select your file, Upload it and then Process Shipments.
ELECTRONIC SHIPPING SOLUTIONS HELPDESK
For assistance with shipment file uploads, call our technical support team on
0gcc acg 0dal or email firstname.lastname@example.org.